All I know is that lately our house has been lazy. We’ve been super lazy in the kitchen (but the couch feels so good!) and this week we have vowed to change that sad fact. There’s only so many times you can dine out before you’re bored with the offered selections. It’s just the convenience of it all that sucks me in every single time.
Last weekend, though, I did manage to make some cookies. The mere whisper of the word cookies in our house has Kit Kat’s ears perk up. Since I’d been promising cookies for about a month, I figure it was high time I made good on that one. I mentioned snickerdoodles and my sweetie had never heard the of them before. I had a bit of a time explaining they wouldn’t taste like a Jokerz (Snickers) bar and that I really had no idea why the shell they are called snickerdoodle. I even tried to get a reason via the wonderful Google Machine but their explanations really weren’t doing it for me either. In any event, the cookies made their way into the oven and into my hubby’s tummy and this made him happy.
Having picked up Sarah Kramer’s La Dolce Vegan recently, it’s become my go to cookbook a lot. So, you’ll find these little gems in there, too. Fast, easy, and yummo. I’m still getting used to baking here in New Mexico (shakes fist at altitude) so these came out a little crunchier than I would have liked. Kit Kat loved them; so him never having had a snickerdoodle before was truly in my favor this time around. 😉
Earlier this week my pal, Keri, from I Eat Trees gave me the honor of The Versatile Blogger Award. *bows* I didn’t know what that award was either, but like Keri mentioned when she got it, I was quite honored as well. 😀 The rules are:
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Give this award out to 15 other bloggers that you think are fabulous, interesting and deserving.
- Contact each of the bloggers you chose.
Having said all that…thank you Keri! You blog is by far my favorite Vegan blog on the webs these days so it truly made my day to have you think of lil’ ol’ me. *hugs*
Seven things about me:
1) I’ve lived in 5 states in the past 2 years. I’m fairly sure I’m a preferred customer at U-Haul still.
2) I have four kitties — Dewey, India, Maxwell, and Baby Kitty. It drives me insane when people relinquish their animals because they are moving. Uh, my cats are so used to moving, they practically pack their toys and catnip in a suitcase themselves. Cats can move, too.
3) I have two tattoos and am fairly certain those won’t be the only ones I’ll have in my lifetime.
4) I’m gonna be a momma for the first time in my life (to the two legged kind anyway). The little one is due in March.
5) My favorite show right now is Flight of the Conchords. If you haven’t seen it, you simply must.
6) I’m a Corporate America drone by day but by night I’m a creativity coach and writer.
7) My favorite food in the entire world is vegan sushi. Shoot, cover something in soy sauce and I’m there.
Now for the blogger love! I present the following amazing blogs with The Versatile Blogger award:
Ah, I know there are only 7 here and that’s not because there aren’t AMAZING blogs out there but many of the ones I was going to list were already on I Eat Tree’s list. Plus, I need to wrap this up because I need to make a menu for this week or it’s going to be ANOTHER lazy week in the Vegan Meow Mix kitchen.
Say, speaking of…what are your favorite quick and easy dinner dishes? I need some ideas!